The Men from the Grassy Knoll - Irving (Irv) Eachus
I absolutely loved this book. Where do I start? The book follows the protagonist, Charlie, through two separate lifetimes, both of which kind of run parallel, although about 40 years apart.

Okay, time travel, parallel universes, there's plenty of books on this subject, right? Not like this, there aren't? Eachus explores the issues of arriving in a 20-year-old's body with 60-year-old nerve impulses in the brain. He can hardly stand up! The effort a 60-year-old man puts into moving his muscles into a standing up position practically throws a fit 20-year-old back to the floor again.

Eachus has thought of everything. Imagine finding yourself back in 1963 and trying to operate without the use of the Internet or mobile phones. An age when nobody used the word `cool' or any of the other 100,000 words that were added to our language during that time. The only thing I feel Euchas hasn't addressed - and this is possibly because I'm a comedy writer myself - is how humour has evolved through the last 40 years from Monty Python, Billy Connolly, Richard Prior, Eddie Murphy, George Carlin, Only Fools & Horses, Jack Dee, Al Murray, Michael Macintyre, Rhod Gilbert, John Bishop and so on. They've all added their unique way of looking at the world and how it amuses them to this planet's psyche, and thanks to each and every one of them we all talk slightly differently to our friends and family.

Nowadays a sense of humour is universally recognised personality trait that is an essential component of the complete person. We now take ourselves a lot less seriously than we did back in 1963. Can you imagine arriving back in the 60's with the quick, ready banter that is nowadays an intelligent and witty art form requiring both mental agility and precocity, while everyone's still laughing at a pie in the face?

But I digress. This is an absorbing story, and Eachus holds the readers attention with extreme skill, because you just don't know what's going to happen next. I found the whole book fascinating. It's well researched, well thought out and the whole story is stitched neatly together in the end. Thoroughly recommended.